Thursday, October 27, 2016

1st quarter reflection blog

1st quarter reflection blog Where are you in your 10 book challenge? In my 10 book challenge I have read The Giver (by Lois Lowry), Harry potter and the cursed child (by J.K. Rowling), Paper Towns (by John Green), and The Clockwork Three (Matthew J. Kirby). So far that is a total of four books which is not too bad and also not to amazing either. My goal is to do a 13 book challenge instead of the 10 book challenge. I’ve liked all of these books especially the Harry Potter book because this book was unique to the rest of the series. I’ve never read the other books but because my older sister is a Harry Potter freak she made me watch all the movies. So that made me want to read the rest of the books starting with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

 What strategies have benefitted you? I have lots of strategies for many things some for homework and others for studying. My strategy for homework is writing down everything i’m going to do on a stickie note on my book. I do that mostly in ELA because that's when I have my book out most of the time. Another strategy for homework is taking a picture of whatever I need to do and saving it as my lock screen on my ipad so that way i’m reminded to do whatever that assignment is. That also works with having to study. For subjects like math I take pictures of the questions I got wrong in IXL that way I can always look back and see what I did wrong and fix it.

 What have you learned about your world? I’ve learned so much about my world. I’ve mainly gained this knowledge in ELA and science. My favorite thing that i’ve learned about my world is how one person can do one little thing and could completely change the world. Everyone imagines the world in a different way some picture it as a utopia where nothing goes wrong and life is great. Even if those people face the hard truth of their reality not being so great they still choose to remain happy. Others however have a different point of view. Take a criminal for example some of those people choose to do the wrong thing. Why? That's because they see the world as a place where opportunity never comes. So they turn to a life of crime by theft, murder, ransom. I however am in the group of people who see things both ways. The world isn't perfect it's full of crime and death. However it’s also full of life and wonder. People can make a huge difference in the world if they choose to.



No comments:

Post a Comment