Sunday, April 2, 2017

3rd Quater Reflection

In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts?

I have improved in writing my blogs especially now that we've started our argumentative unit. So in a way my biggest improvement was writing in particular and pulling out text evidence. My blogs in the beginning of the year were not the most detailed or grammatically correct. Now my blogs are the best they can be and I have made sure to add whatever is needed into my blogs. Another improvement is getting my IXLs done. I am now able to understand what the questions ask me in IXL.

What is something you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?

I am very proud of finishing my butterfly and creating the thinglink to go along with it. My butterfly was purposely made to be ugly so I spread dirt on it and cut its sides to make it look edgy. So long story short, my favorite accomplishment was me being able to think outside the box while under pressure.  

What has been the most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

The most challenging part of 3rd quarter was creating the butterfly for our holocaust unit. I'm definitely not an artist and I did not have a lot of time because I was not able to get the supplies I need to make it. When cutting out my butterfly I made a bunch of wrong cuts that made my butterfly look all choppy and edgy. I thought I would have to start over and then it hit me, everyone else's butterfly was neat and clean and very beautiful. These butterflies represent the holocaust and that was a time of death and terribleness. So I purposely made my butterfly an eye-sore so it can represent the horribleness of the holocaust.

Of the books you have read this quarter, which was your favorite? Why?

My favorite book was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie script). I love this book because it had so much action and drama. The book was based in 1926, New York, and followed a wizard from London named Newt Scamander, he has a case full of magical creatures that he hopes to protect against other people. In New York there is a group of people known as The Second Salemers. Meaning that they believe that witches and wizards live among them and hope to end their entire way of life. The book also doubled as a script for the movie that came out the day before the book's release. Since it was the actual script, not a single thing was different in the movie. Which made it very interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment