Thursday, December 8, 2016

Nonfiction blog

For a nonfiction book I decided to get a book about the world famous and historic singer Ella Fitzgerald. She was a jazz singer who was born in Newport News, Virginia on April 25 1918. She began her career when she got noticed at an amateur show. What makes her so famous is her amazing voice and dance moves.

Even though Ella Fitzgerald was one of a kind and extremely famous even she had obstacles in her path of stardom. On page 59 it says “Chick Webbs death in 1939 cast the future of his band in doubt. “I felt like quitting,” Ella Fitzgerald said, “[but] the fact that people like me and I like people...kept me going.” She had a huge problem when Chick died because he was such an inspiration for her. However, she found a way to keep going.

I've  learned so much about Ella and the world of jazz in the 1900s. I am a big fan of all types of music punk rock, classical, orchestra, rock and roll, etc. With so many bands and so many different genres there are some that take the cake for each genre. Such as Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis Presley, and Michael Jackson. Each of them inspired people with their music even after their death. These deceased stars will always be in the hearts of their fans.




No comments:

Post a Comment