Friday, May 26, 2017

Final Reflection blog

1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?


The Holocaust
My belief
What I want to do to leave a mark on the world.

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

Going into the Holocaust Museum was such an interesting experience. It showed me the lives of people trying to survive in concentration camps and trying to flee from the Nazis. The best part of the museum was the train car. The fact that it is still intact was quite surprising.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

Helping me when I missed a class. Whenever I missed a class someone would make sure that I was up to date. When I needed supplies for my butterfly some friends offered some items to me. They are very generous and I thank them for their kindness.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

That everybody, no matter who you are, can be happy. I showed them that happiness can come even in the worst situations. Happiness will always come to those who want it

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

Finishing my work is my biggest improvement and my accomplishment. I had 1 phone call to my dad saying I was missing work. After that I decided to turn in every single thing that was assigned to me.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

The butterfly project was the toughest project I had to do this year. I'm no artist so I couldn't really draw anything. However I did use symbolism as my main focus on the butterfly, but people didn't really notice it at first so I had to explain everything about the butterfly which was hard because most of the time I didn’t know what it meant.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

The investigative Journalism piece I did about the murders and growing crime rate in Chicago. I think it was my best because of all the time and detail that i put in to make it great. I was so interested at what goes on in chicago so I always checked for new statistics and new pieces of evidence.

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was by far the best book I've read this year. It was so amazing that I couldn't put it down. I ended up finishing it in 4 days and it was pretty upsetting to be done with such an amazing book. I've always been a fan of the Harry Potter series and the cursed child was just an amazing addition to the series.


9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?


Always do your work and turn it in. Mrs. Larson doesn't fool around with that stuff. If you don't want an awkward phone call to your parents saying you didn't do your work, then I suggest you should always turn in your work on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment