Friday, May 26, 2017

This I Believe

“Smile”
By: Robert Salas

I believe that everybody can be happy. Happiness is such a major part of life. Happiness is what drives people to do what they love. I am always happy when i’m in science class which pushes me to chose a career in science in the future. Michael Jackson made himself happy by singing his songs and now he is the King of Pop, even in death. Stephen Hawking enjoys his life as a theoretical physicists, even though he is disabled. Happiness can have such an impact on someone's life that they could be changed forever. Everybody has something that makes them happy. Some people use what makes them happy as a way to be successful in life.

    When I was about 6 years old I went to a White Sox game with my family. It was on a pretty dull day, the clouds were gray and it was very cold. On our way to the stadium my uncle gave me $20 to spend in the park. On the sidewalk there were these homeless men that held out cups that they used to put money in. I’ve seen them before and it was always the same guys, no matter what the weather was our how many people were drunk and rude to them, they stayed there and kindly asked for a donation. I went over to one man who seemed to be the oldest and pulled out the $20 that my uncle gave me and gave it to the man. He was so happy and surprised. At the end of the game my family walked back out and saw the man smiling and continue to smile the entire time we were by him.

This really changed my view on happiness and it has stuck with me since. It showed me that the smallest acts of kindness can improve a person's emotional state, mainly into happiness. I will do my part in making others happy by helping those who feel like they can't.

I believe that everybody can be happy. If there is something that makes you happy, then do it. It's better to live life poor and happy than go through life rich and miserable. Kindness, Gratitude, and thankfulness are all components of making someone happy. So go and use what makes you happy. Everybody can be happy, no matter who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment